Miso soup with pork and vegetables "Tonjiru". Tonjiru is a savory miso soup with pork and root vegetables. Packed with an excellent source of vitamins, it's absolutely nourishing and soul-fulfilling! If you ask me what is my favorite miso soup, I would immediately say Tonjiru (豚汁).
This film of oil keeps the soup hot, which is perfect on a cold day. If you know how to make miso soup, you can make tonjiru easily. All you need to do is to sauté pork then vegetables, cook in dashi stock (preferred) or water. You can have Miso soup with pork and vegetables "Tonjiru" using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Miso soup with pork and vegetables "Tonjiru"
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- It’s 1/4 of Japanese radish.
- It’s 1/2 of Potato.
- You need 200 g of Pork.
- It’s 1 of Tofu.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shimeji mushroom.
- You need 2 L of Soup stock.
- Prepare 3-4 Tbsp of Miso.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sesame oil.
Tonjiru (or Butajiru) is a kind of Miso Soup with pork and a lot of root vegetables such as Gobo (burdock root) and carrot. Even though it is a Miso soup, Tonjiru tastes very different from ordinary Miso Soup. Tonjiru has a distinct pork flavor and strong taste from Gobo. When the ingredients become tender, remove the kombu, then mix in the miso into the soup.
Miso soup with pork and vegetables "Tonjiru" step by step
- Peel the Japanese radish and carrot..
- Cut the ingredients,and slice the Japanese radish and carrot..
- Pour the sesame oil in the pot. Then cook the poak and vegetables on a medium heat..
- Add the soup stock. Then simmer it removing harshness..
- When the vegetables are tender, add Miso and Tofu..
- Finally, add sesame oil to taste as you like..
The traditional tonjiru is made with tofu, miso, and dashi stock, combines pork with vegetables such as daikon, burdock, sweet potato, and konnyaku. The whole tonjiru dish is very comforting in this cold winter weather. I threw in some wakame seaweed in the soup as well. This is also a kind of dish. Packed with loads of vegetables and pork, tonjiru is quite filling Common miso soup ingredients are listed here.