Kala Chana Masala/Black Chanamasala.
You can have Kala Chana Masala/Black Chanamasala using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kala Chana Masala/Black Chanamasala
- It’s 200 grams of Black Channa.
- It’s 4 spoons of Oil.
- Prepare 3 of Onion medium sized, finely chopped.
- You need 5 of Tomato medium sized finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 15 pods of Garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 1/2 spoon of Rock salt.
- Prepare 1 spoon of Chana masala powder.
- You need 1/2 spoon of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 spoon of Jeera.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of Hing.
- It’s 2 spoons of chilli powder.
Kala Chana Masala/Black Chanamasala step by step
- Soak chanaovernight and keep it ready..
- Add 4 spoons oil in a pressure cooker and splutter jeera. Then add finely chopped garlic and green chillies and saute for 1 minute..
- Add onions and fry till golden brown..
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes, rock salt and a pinch of turmeric powder and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Then add 2 spoons chilli powder and half a spoon of hing powder and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chana and coat the gravy over the chana and add 2 cups of water..
- Pressure cook for 10 whistles and open the lid after pressure settles down. Add chana masala powder and garam masala powder and coriander leaves and stir and turn off the flame. Note: If there is excess water after removing the lid, cook till all the water is evaporated by keeping the cooker open without lid and finally add garam masala powder, chana masala powder and coriander leaves..
- Serve hot with roti, phulkas, chapathis, pooris and bhutaras..