Matoke stew. Smear oil on your and peel the bananas. MATOKE (GREEN BANANAS): SPICY MATOKE MASH WITH INDIAN SPICES PIKA NA RAYCH – How to cook simple but delicious banana meal (Matoke).
This is the kind meal your mom spoils you with when. Matoke is also the name given to a delicious, rib-sticking plantain stew that is a Ugandan national dish. Versions of matoke, also known as matooke, are served in Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania. You can have Matoke stew using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matoke stew
- You need 5 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of bananas.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 3 of large ripe tomatoes.
- It’s of Ginger.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Coriander.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
Season beef with salt and pepper and. Matoke is one of the traditional main dishes in Uganda and can be made with or with the meat. Matoke is also the name given to a delicious, rib-sticking plantain stew that is a Ugandan national dish. Matoke (Ugandan beef and plantain stew). (Ugandan beef and plantain stew).
Matoke stew step by step
- Peel the tomatoes and the bananas and cut them in desired shapes.
- Cook the onion and oil until pink.add the ginger and the garlic. blend the tomatoes and add the puree to the cooking pot.also add the green pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes and add the potatoes and the bananas add Salt and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander then add water and bring to a boil check the consistency and correct the seasoning.
- You can also cook with meat,githeri.
Plaintains and green bananas (matoke) are a staple part of the diet in Uganda and much of East Africa. Trova immagini stock HD a tema Matoke Stew Kenyan Cuisine Traditional Assorted e milioni di altre foto, illustrazioni e contenuti vettoriali stock royalty free nella vasta raccolta di Shutterstock. Learn how to prepare matoke, a variety of banana indigenous to southwest Uganda. Cooked and mashed matoke is the nation's official food dish. Kerala Style Coconut Stew With Chicken And Vegetables By Sid Khullar.